Psiconefrologia: uno studio sulla ricaduta dello stato depressivo sui livelli cognitivi nei pazienti emodializzati
Relationship between depression and cognitive impairment in hemodialysis patients
(Prof. Mazzaferro Sandro – Dott.ssa Novelli Maria Emanuela)
Patient with chronic kidney dIsease (in Hemodialysis) frequently show cognitive dysfunction.
The association of depression and cognitive function (time and spatial orientation, memory, attention and calculation, logical capacity and capacity of comprehension,) is not well known in maintenance dialysis patients. Depression is characterized by feeling of helplessness,hopelessness, inadequacy, sadness and a loss of interest in daily life.
Many people feel overwhelmed and depressed when they first find out about their kidney disease and the need to start dialysis. People often feel like their entire lives have been turned upside down,and this can significantly impact psychological health
AIM of our study is to evaluate
1. The impact of depression on cognitive impairment
2. The possible impact of cultural and social environment (metropolitan vs country) on these items.
1. Questionnaire with hystory
2. Geriatric Depression Sale (GDS) (Yesavage JA et al.)
3. Brief Exam Neuropsychological 2 ( Mondini et al.)